Topics Of Interest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Topics Of Interest

In this forum, you will find many topics of interest. You can talk about anything you like and meet lots of people in the process! Have fun!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I think my daughter likes to self injure

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LoveStoned

LoveStoned

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-12-08

I think my daughter likes to self injure Empty
PostSubject: I think my daughter likes to self injure   I think my daughter likes to self injure Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 4:09 am

my 1 yr old is going through a stage where she doesnt like to lay down for a nap or bedtime.
she will scream her head off for an hour or so unless i go in there and put her to sleep. i cant do that anymore. last night she decided to hurt herself on the wall or a toy i have no idea. something told me to go in there and check on her and when i did she had blood all over the door , door frame and carpet. i looked at her to see if she had lost a tooth or something and saw she had busted her lip on the outside and inside. she was hitting the wall really hard so i have come to think she was bashing her face up against it. i dunno. isnt she too young to be hurting herself just to get attention? i dont get it and im lost. i seriously think she needs meds.
Back to top Go down
CornDogHeist

CornDogHeist

Female
Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: I think my daughter likes to self injure   I think my daughter likes to self injure Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 4:13 am

Actually, she's not too young for that... It's sad, but true. My son would throw himself on the floor and start banging head just because I pissed him off by saying "no". His doctor told me to "swat him on his rear" when he does that... He eventually grew out of it.
If she is hurting herself THAT badly, you should talk to her doctor... ASAP...

Good luck, hun!
Back to top Go down
LoveStoned

LoveStoned

Female

PostSubject: Re: I think my daughter likes to self injure   I think my daughter likes to self injure Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 4:15 am

great my daughter is emo lol

for reals though i am worried about her i am hoping once my husband gets home she will act better. i will wait until then but if it doesnt then i am def taking her to a DR. i cant stand to see my baby busted up even if it is her fault. it makes me feel like a bad mommy.
Back to top Go down
PokingAround

PokingAround

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: I think my daughter likes to self injure   I think my daughter likes to self injure Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 4:28 am

MOST kids who do that are just acting out. In their minds, attention (whether good or bad) is better than none and if by simply crying, she can not get you to come running, she will go to extremes. In my humble opinion, you just need to let her know that that is unacceptable behavior.
Keep us posted and let us know what her doctor says! Laughing
Back to top Go down
ElephantAddiction

ElephantAddiction

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: I think my daughter likes to self injure   I think my daughter likes to self injure Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 4:42 am

That's a scary thing to have to deal with. My son used to hit others everytime someone made him made. So I started busting his @$$ for it and he stopped. Now he hits himself... I just tell him:
I am sure that hurts YOU more than it hurts me!
Now he does it less and less! LMAO

Last edited by ElephantAddiction on Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LoveStoned

LoveStoned

Female

PostSubject: Re: I think my daughter likes to self injure   I think my daughter likes to self injure Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 4:43 am

i sure will keep you all posted

thanks!
Back to top Go down
McFinnagan
Admin
Admin
McFinnagan

Female
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: I think my daughter likes to self injure   I think my daughter likes to self injure Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 7:37 am

Thanks for letting me know what I might have to look forward to. My kiddo is only 7 months at this point but I can at least be prepared for him to do things like this. Right now he's pretty happy just rolling around and crawing backwards and saying the few words he knows. I'm really sorry that your daughter is doing that though. I couldn't imagine how scary it must have been to walk in and find her like that. I hope things get better and make sure to keep us updated on how things are going with it all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think my daughter likes to self injure   I think my daughter likes to self injure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think my daughter likes to self injure
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Topics Of Interest :: Mommies Place-
Jump to: