Topics Of Interest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Topics Of Interest

In this forum, you will find many topics of interest. You can talk about anything you like and meet lots of people in the process! Have fun!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Earth emits Sound

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kaygr11

kaygr11

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Earth emits Sound Empty
PostSubject: Earth emits Sound   Earth emits Sound Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 9:46 pm

There isn't a science section so I wasn't quite sure where to put this. I figured since I read it in the news this would best fit it. Our Earth emits a sound. I haven't heard it but scientists say that it sounds like chirps and whistles and is AWFUL. This sound is made by charged particles from the solar wind colliding with our magnetic field. The reason we can't hear it is because the ionosphere blocks it. This is called Auroral Kilometric Radiation.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20080701/sc_space/earthscriesrecordedinspace

I don't know if this is important but I found it interesting. Space scares me but fascinates me at the same time. I guess the reason I'm scared of space is because it's a fear of the unknown. As far as we know space is infinite. Scary thought to me.

Last edited by kaygr11 on Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ityiyam
Ityiyam

Male
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Earth emits Sound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earth emits Sound   Earth emits Sound Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 11:44 pm

Thats so damn neat. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ityiyam
McFinnagan
Admin
Admin
McFinnagan

Female
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Earth emits Sound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earth emits Sound   Earth emits Sound Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 11:53 pm

Wow. Cool find kaygr. Smile
Back to top Go down
sgtyorksangel

sgtyorksangel

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Earth emits Sound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earth emits Sound   Earth emits Sound Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 6:57 am

[b]It's probably screaming what have you done to me!!! This is really interesting info guess we learn something new everyday!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Earth emits Sound Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earth emits Sound   Earth emits Sound Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Earth emits Sound
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Topics Of Interest :: In The News-
Jump to: