Topics Of Interest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Topics Of Interest

In this forum, you will find many topics of interest. You can talk about anything you like and meet lots of people in the process! Have fun!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Zen of Having a Stroke

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ima Lurker

Ima Lurker

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-06-17

The Zen of Having a Stroke Empty
PostSubject: The Zen of Having a Stroke   The Zen of Having a Stroke Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 11:02 am

The link goes to an 18 minute video of a brain researcher describing her experience of having a stroke. Seems it was a profound spiritual experience in a Zen sort of way.

Personally, I suspect the brain is not at all the origin of consciousness. I think the brain is another organ used by consciousness to interact with the physical world.

Some of the comments below the vid are interesting, too. They're a far cry from the insipid and sometimes foul mouthed drivel on You Tube. YT has it's place and I enjoy it, but TED is for those times when we're in the mood for something deeper than Britney Spears' cleavage. scratch

As I mentioned once before when I told you guys about ted.com: it ain't your daddy's You Tube.

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight.html
Back to top Go down

The Zen of Having a Stroke
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Topics Of Interest :: General-
Jump to: