Topics Of Interest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Topics Of Interest

In this forum, you will find many topics of interest. You can talk about anything you like and meet lots of people in the process! Have fun!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Election

Go down 
+4
kaygr11
pervert
Ima Lurker
McFinnagan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
McFinnagan
Admin
Admin
McFinnagan

Female
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-06-17

The Election Empty
PostSubject: The Election   The Election Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 10:57 am

Well, it's just around the corner!!! So who are you going to vote for and why?
Question
Back to top Go down
Ima Lurker

Ima Lurker

Female
Number of posts : 6

The Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Election   The Election Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 8:16 am

This time around, I'm just as disgusted with the options as the last time. I think I'll pass. In any case, McCain will be the next idiot pres because Obama dosen't have a prayer of beating him.

Color me sick and tired of "pick your poison" elections. No
Back to top Go down
pervert

pervert

Male
Number of posts : 4

The Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Election   The Election Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 9:48 pm

I began life as a democRAT, but with age and wisdom, discovered the error of my ways. My last democRAT mistake was Jimmy Carter....a good man but not enough brains to blow his nose. However, idiot W has gone a long way in destroying the republican party. But you are right, our choices this year suck. I'm afraid McLame will continue the Bush failed policies and we can't afford that. But Obama doesn't seem trustworthy and does not appear to have the experience required for the job. If the election were today, I would right in "none of the above". I'm going to closely watch what they both do and how the town hall meetings play out. Obama keeps talking about change, but where is his substance? And the worse thing is, if we elect a democRAT president, with a democRAT majority in the senate, this country will likely become a welfare state. The democRAT politicians believe they should be prosperous, but the rest of the country should not strive for wealth. Tax and regulate is not the answer.....I don't need another big brother. Stupid is as stupid does, and that's all I got to say about that.......
Back to top Go down
kaygr11

kaygr11

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-06-26

The Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Election   The Election Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:29 am

Obama is the man for the job in my opinion. A lot of people think that this country isn't ready for a black president. If people based their decision on a person's merit this country would be a better place to live in. It might sound utopian however it's how I feel. I have a lot of respect for John McCain...he was a POW. Do I think that he should be president? HELL NO! He scares me...not as much as Dick Cheney (he's the devil ). Obama's written a couple books...regardless of your position I think they should be read. I think it would give people insight into who Obama is and how he's gotten so far in life.
Back to top Go down
PokingAround

PokingAround

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-06-18

The Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Election   The Election Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:36 am

Yeah, I can respect what McCain went through, however, I still think he's a schmuck...

This story seems to be getting a lot of coverage in the UK newspapers,
but not on this side of the pond - yet. Sad story.

The OTHER Mrs. McCain:
Shortened link: http://tinyurl.com/6gbzhw

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1024927/The-wife-John-McCain-callously-left-behind.html
Back to top Go down
McFinnagan
Admin
Admin
McFinnagan

Female

The Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Election   The Election Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:38 am

Clinton got a blow job but atleast he got us out of debt and he gave me a new found respect for cigars. And blue dresses with white polka dots... what? Those weren't polka dots?????????? EWWWWWWWWWWW
Back to top Go down
PokingAround

PokingAround

The Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Election   The Election Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:39 am

McFinnagan wrote:
Clinton got a blow job but atleast he got us out of debt and he gave me a new found respect for cigars. And blue dresses with white polka dots... what? Those weren't polka dots?????????? EWWWWWWWWWWW

Yer such an ass... But I love ya!
Back to top Go down
kaygr11

kaygr11

Female

The Election Empty
PostSubject: Cindy McCain   The Election Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:43 am

I don't like her...there's just something about her I don't like. I admire the charitable work she's done but that's about it. If John McCain gets in office he's just going to continue the crappy harmful policies Bush has put in place. I don't like McCain's domestic or foreign policies but mostly his domestic policies. I'm waiting for all out revolution...it's coming...kind of like how we've been waiting for Cuba to revolt (which will happen...Fidel's about to buck the kicket and his brother is just a puppet once Fidel actually dies {if he hasn't already} Cuba is going to be a mess)
Back to top Go down
PokingAround

PokingAround

The Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Election   The Election Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:46 am

kaygr11 wrote:
I don't like her...there's just something about her I don't like. I admire the charitable work she's done but that's about it. If John McCain gets in office he's just going to continue the crappy harmful policies Bush has put in place. I don't like McCain's domestic or foreign policies but mostly his domestic policies. I'm waiting for all out revolution...it's coming...kind of like how we've been waiting for Cuba to revolt (which will happen...Fidel's about to buck the kicket and his brother is just a puppet once Fidel actually dies {if he hasn't already} Cuba is going to be a mess)

I wasn't talking about the CURRENT Mrs. McCain... I was talking about the one he dumped as soon as she became disabled... That's some tired shit!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-06-16

The Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Election   The Election Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:48 am

PokingAround wrote:
I wasn't talking about the CURRENT Mrs. McCain... I was talking about the one he dumped as soon as she became disabled... That's some tired shit!

Yes, McCain is LOW.... But unfortunately we may get stuck with him because of society's bigotry.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/beth75
McFinnagan
Admin
Admin
McFinnagan

Female

The Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Election   The Election Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:49 am

Hey Ky, You say you want a revolution well you know we all want to change the world you tell me that it's evolution well you know we all want to change the world but when you talk about destruction don't you know you can count me out don't you know it's gonna be alright?
Back to top Go down
luckyratcharms

luckyratcharms

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-06-27

The Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Election   The Election Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 3:56 am

NOBAMA AND THE MCCAIN IN MY ASS!!!

lol

I am a repubican, turned democrat, turned independent.

I agree with most of y'all. i think both choices are not very good. McCain and Obama are almost the same in most topics..Except that McCain wants some kind of plan to keep the troops in for longer and Obama doesnt. And Obama voted for full term abortions to be legal(gross) and McCain didnt.

But in their records they have been the same on alot of issues. they are both for cap and trade..and probably both for the regulation of carbon in households...Yeah people do you want someone telling you you cant turn on your air conditioning in 100 degree weather b/c your carbon credits are up? Pish!

I just want a damn president that will fix my 1000 dollar gas bill a month.

As of this moment I am ANTI GREEN
mwuah ha aha
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/luckyratcharms2
Ityiyam
Ityiyam

Male
Number of posts : 53

The Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Election   The Election Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 1:33 pm

I don't know nor care what Pollytickle party I "belong to". All I know is that history always repeats itself. During every war... who starts the movement? A rep. president. Then at the next election a dem. is always elected into office. The problem is that Bush most likely ruined the chance of the next presidency being handed over to rep. People loved Bill Clinton, but Hillary is a Woman and you all know alot of males have trouble with females in power. Obama, he's like Hillary but....he's African American. Theres alot of racists Americans out there. Given these thoughts, I think this years election will most likely host the lowest voting rate recorded in America. I sure know I can't decide who I want. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ityiyam
kaygr11

kaygr11

Female

The Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Election   The Election Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:39 pm

What do you mean republicans started the movements? There are only a couple of instances I can think of: The Civil War, The Gulf War, and the Second Gulf War (or WWIII as I refer to it). Leading up to the Revolutionary war and after the country wasn't divided into Democrats and Republicans...the same goes for the War of 1812. World War I was handled by Woodrow Wilson (democrat) and World War II was handled by FDR, also a democrat. Viet Nam was handled, and poorly (for lack of a better term), by LBJ. There were some conflicts in the 80's like Iran Contra and the invasion of Grenada. What I've noticed in some cases is that during war time Americans DO NOT LIKE CHANGE unless something is going horribly wrong as was the case with Viet Nam. This war has and continues to go in the wrong direction, in my opinion. Hopefully the next person that gets in there is able to handle this crisis and find some sort of resolution.
Back to top Go down
Ityiyam
Ityiyam

Male
Number of posts : 53

The Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Election   The Election Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:58 pm

I agree, I guess I got my facts a little mixed up. ...... .... ... ..... doh! Arrow

Still can't tell who to vote for, I'm probably just not gonna vote. Arrow
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ityiyam
kaygr11

kaygr11

Female

The Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Election   The Election Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 10:26 pm

You should still vote...even if you write someone in. My sister's fiance voted last time and he wrote in his two cats. He doesn't like the people they tend to put in there so he put the 2 that he felt could do the job Laughing
Back to top Go down
McFinnagan
Admin
Admin
McFinnagan

Female

The Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Election   The Election Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 2:40 am

I'm on the fence myself at this point. I don't really know who I want to vote for. Considering the last two elections I'm not even sure there is a point in voting. Not only does my vote not count, but yours doesn't as well as everyone elses. I blame this all on Al Gore. If he would have ran then it would have been over and done with. He would have won, I would have done a happy dance but now we are stuck with two morons. So, instead I say.... I'm going to vote for me, and you should to. I'll make Longo the secretary of video games, Steve will the be secretary of world of war craft, Beth with the be secretary of midgets and Ky will do all the decision making for our economy while I just sit back and get paid.

I am Maggie Longo
and I approve of
this message.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Election   The Election Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Election
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Topics Of Interest :: Let's Get Political!-